Wheel comparrison table

General Phoenix Fives Stuff & Car related chat

Wheel comparrison table

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Following on from the RS Watanabe thread, I was thinking of getting a table together of all the wheels you're likely to come across for the MX5 and their weights and costs. It's been done before but not for a while, and a lot of the wheels on the tables are obscure wheels in obscure sizes that no one is likely to find. The most recent list I can find is part way through 2011, so there are no Rotas, XXRs, Traklites, 6ULs, etc ...

This is just a fact finding thread, so what wheels do you think should be on the list, and what info would you want to compare?

I was thinking of simplifying it a bit and just having 15 x 7 and 15 x 8 wheels listed ... any other sizes common?

I was going to compare the weight and the cost ... anything else? Bear in mind it takes a lot of digging to do it, so I don't want to add things that aren't needed.

Edit - I was thinking of doing mostly new wheels on this list ... also need to make sure the weights are accurate as possible, so going from manufacturers lists and some previous lists where I know the weights have been verified, rather than random gossip!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Return to General