P5 Meet Etiquette

Whats going on, where and who is going?

P5 Meet Etiquette

Postby Cerberus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:06 am

I don't like this post. I don't really want to have to write it. It makes me feel like a miserable old man. Unfortunately I don't have a choice. :banghead:

Lets be honest about the facts here.............
We drive sporty rear wheel drive cars....
We might have quite loud engines and turbos and superchargers and exhausts....
Many of us might often drive them like hooligans....
Quite often we might do a bit of roundabout drifting....
Quite often we might punch out of T junctions sideways, tyres squealing....

If you get up to that sort of thing then, go you, It's your choice, your risk, your licence.

The problem comes when you attend a Phoenix Fives event and do it. It's the reputation of the whole group that you effect.

If we want to use nice venues then we need the owner of the venue not to be saying "I don't want any trouble and I don't want a bunch of boy racers doing wheelspins and upsetting the neighbours." For every one person who enjoys a good skid I guarantee you that there are ten disgruntled neighbours who think you are Satan himself, responsible for killing numerous bunnies and endangering the planet and they WILL complain about it. "How very dare you! Think of the bunnies!"

So here's the rules... I don't want there to be rules. I hate rules.... But if people leave the car park sideways at the end of the night then........ My hands are tied, and not in the enjoyable, Ann Summers, way.

RULES
O) DO NOT DELIBERATELY WHEELSPIN/SLIDE/BREAK TRACTION IN THE EVENT CAR PARK OR THE EXIT/ENTRANCE/BIT OF ROAD JUST OUTSIDE THE VENUE
O) DO NOT GIVE IT 9,000,000 REVS IN THE EVENT CAR PARK TO SHOW OFF YOUR LOUD EXHAUST, INNIT BRUV

You don't have to act like miserable old men and make less noise than a church mouse.... and you will be get some sympathy if you have some monster nightmare clutch fitted :roll:

But..... if you leave/enter an event car park sideways, tyres squealing, then you are going to get a bollocking for it. I get a bollocking from the venue owner so it's only fair that you get a bollocking from me (or Steve, Or Nick, Or if you are really unlucky my missus.)
http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Re: P5 Meet Etiquette

Postby gimmeablackun » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Fair point, well put :thumb:
1990 White 1.8 FM2 road legal track weapon
gimmeablackun
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Postby greg#2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:08 pm

Am i to presume that someone was naughty and you got your ear bent?
If you know anyone looking for a bit of unqualified teaching work in the west mids, send them to http://www.firstforeducation.co.uk/cover-supervisors-2/
greg#2
P5 Old school or i talk too much

Postby gimmeablackun » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 pm

Quite few cars disappeared hastily. We all need to think adopt a sensible attitude when leaving meets :thumb:
1990 White 1.8 FM2 road legal track weapon
gimmeablackun
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Postby Luke Dixon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Guessing the punchbowl don't want us back then? Or it ok just be sensible?
Luke Dixon
Addicted to the 5

Postby chris » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:11 pm

It's a fair point and I'm on board
1.6 1992 s special brillant black K&N 571 4" larini exhaust,BC racing coilovers, Rs Aizawa nose cone

chris

Postby Cerberus » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Luke Dixon wrote:Guessing the punchbowl don't want us back then? Or it ok just be sensible?

We're ok to return to the Punchbowl. I went and apologised and they were ok as they only noticed one car do it.
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:18 am

Cerberus wrote:
Luke Dixon wrote:Guessing the punchbowl don't want us back then? Or it ok just be sensible?

We're ok to return to the Punchbowl. I went and apologised and they were ok as they only noticed one car do it.

I think everyone noticed that particular car do it ... I won't repeat what was said after it happened but no one was impressed!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Cerberus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:09 am

Well it's all done with now. We got away with it. It's all good. We shan't dwell on it.

Not the first time someone has left a bit sideways but could it be the last please folks :mrgreen:
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby arriety13 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:44 am

I get the impression that it may have been me. Whoops :?
Sorry guys.
arriety13
Addicted to the 5

Postby Cerberus » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:26 am

arriety13 wrote:I get the impression that it may have been me. Whoops :?
Sorry guys.

No idea, I didn't see who it was. I shall waggle my finger at you when next I see you. Just in case it was you.

Anyway, all done with now and actually it was time we had a reminder for all members about behaving responsibly anyway.
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby NickD » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Chaps, misbehaving does no one any good. The area is littered with events that no longer happen.
Some may recal the death that happened at the bike meet at the pub on Hatton road.
Complaints won't just be about noise, it will be about dangerous driving and Police are not above waiting down the road with spot checks and breath tests. And to be fair I would sympathize with them.
Mazda on Track. Motorsport for Mazdas
Image MOT Motorsport. Tyre and brakes fitting at club meets and elsewhere.
NickD
Destroyer of Trolls

Postby arriety13 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:52 am

Fair enough. What I did wasn't dangerous though, just noisy.
arriety13
Addicted to the 5

Postby Cerberus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:39 am

arriety13 wrote:Fair enough. What I did wasn't dangerous though, just noisy.

Honestly, I can see your point. No kittens were harmed, it was well controlled. Just a bit of a slide and off you went.......

Unfortunately.... the law has a different opinion. If you 'Break Traction' then you are, from a legal standpoint, no longer in control of the vehicle. If you were to come sideways out of a junction and it be witnessed by a policeman, He'd be slapping you with a ticket for "Careless Driving", Three points and a £100 fine. Probably along with an official warning under Section 59 of the Police Reform Act for using a vehicle in a manner which causes alarm, distress or annoyance. If you have already had a previous warning then the Police have the power to seize the vehicle. That's the world we live in. On this rare occasion, I don't make the rules.

Like I say. I feel like a grumpy old man for having to say it but these are the laws we live under and it will only take one little old biddy to complain and we will have Police snooping about and spoiling it for us all. Plus you can see why the owner of a venue really doesn't want to be associated with the image it portrays. We're not at all like a 'cruise' that the media like to vilify. However because that image exists it's easy to be tarred with the same brush. If you have ever been to a Dudley JDM meet you have seen the loonies drifting around the roundabout, the public that have been freaked out by some pretty poor driving, and of course the inevitable RTA's that have been caused. We know we are nothing like that meet but in the eyes of "Joe Average, Daily Mail Reader" we are exactly the same as them. We have to hold ourselves to a much higher standard in order to prove that we are not. Sad, but true.

What I'm going to do now, for my own sanity and to stop me feeling like such an old stick in the mud, is lock this thread up. Otherwise it's going to turn into a debate and it wont serve any purpose.

I think I can summarise thus.......
The unspoken truth - some mx5's like a cheeky skid now and then and we know it's a bit naughty
The reality for the non car loving public - It's considered anti social and it's a current hot topic for police forces looking to make themselves look pro active.
The outcome - You must not 'misbehave' at the meets (what you do 5 miles away from the meet is entirely up to you!)

Hopefully everyone can see the logic to that and we can draw a line? If anyone does have any worries, comments, or complaints then come chat to Steve, Nick, or Me at a meet.
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby raydar27 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:14 pm

Just bumping this topic folks as this will be very relevant for our new home.

I dont want to see any form of hooliganism / wheel spinning, burn outs or donutting. If anybody does do this then it reflects badly on the responsible people for the club...Nick, Cerbs and me. It would put us in a difficult position and would probably loose our new home..

So think before get carried away!!!!
Too much spec to list...
-- Phoenix Five Meets -- First Wednesday of every month Click Here For Info!
raydar27

Postby raydar27 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm

The new Venue has a grass overflow car park - DO NOT DRIFT or Hanbrake turn your car!!!

The saying goes - Don't sh#t where you sleep.

You will put me in tricky spot and possibly get us banned from the new pub. I repeat, do not pull any stunts!!!!!! Over and out. :thumb:
Too much spec to list...
-- Phoenix Five Meets -- First Wednesday of every month Click Here For Info!
raydar27

Return to Events / Meets