Bike Problems / Maintenance

Involves getting your arse off the sofa, apparently!

Bike Problems / Maintenance

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:20 pm

I'll just add this here as a bookmark, but if anyone has any issues with Bikes not working, or is wondering how to do something on a bike then I used to be a bike mechanic and may well be able to help. I happen to know I'm not the only one as well!! My knowledge isn't 100% up to date (last time I was a paid mechanic was about 1998) but I know the basics hasn't changed, so give me a try.

If I have time I might add a walk through on some basics - how to adjust your gears and brakes or something. Anything you'd want to know about?

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Re: Bike Problems / Maintenance

Postby Fred Gassit » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:46 am

Ah, you da man! :thumb:

Problem: road bike, 10 speed (same issue with Ultegra and 105), 11 tooth smallest rear cog, rear mech limit screws set correctly.
With the bike in the highest gear (big ring front, 11t rear) I can feel a clicking through the pedals, maybe once per rev.
With the bike on the stand, it seems like the chain "sticks" momentarily in the jockey wheels and then clicks as it frees off.
I figure it might be something to do with the chain line as the next cog (12t) is smooth, but I can't fix it! :oops:

Any ideas?
30AE - Golden Shred 2 - The Sequel
Black S-Special Roadster 1.8 - Scrapped...
Fred Gassit
Good lord ! Look at my post count !

Re: Bike Problems / Maintenance

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:36 am

Fred do you still have this issue? I missed it back when you wrote it but think I know what it is, an over tightened link. Easy to sort ... if you still have the issue!

Russell
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Return to Healthy Stuff!