Vindis RC Roadster

The section to chat about scale models MX-5 or otherwise. Including details of P5 R\C Racing\Bashing meetups.

Re: Vindis RC Roadster

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 pm

Battery Charger, battery bag and a load of rechargeable AA batteries should arrive tomorrow... so I could be rolling this weekend!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:52 pm

Battery charger etc are now here... unfortunately it appears you need a Phd in physics to read the instruction manual :banghead:

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Cerberus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:14 pm

Is it a '4 button charger'?

Two line lcd and 4 buttons... They all use the same firmware :thumb:

http://www.Eunos-Roadster.co.uk - The Blog
何もそれ以上ではありません、ハロー・キティよりJDM!
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 pm

Cerberus wrote:Is it a '4 button charger'?

Thats the one... its more the fact that it has firmware at all, rather than which type. I was naively assuming you plugged the battery in and it charged it, but apparently that would be way too simple! Haven't got time to go through it now anyway, so it'll be next week some time :(

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Cerberus » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Don't charge the LiPo unless you intend to use it. Then after you use it put it back on the charger and give it a 'storage charge'. There is a setting for it ;)
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Ruzz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 pm

I've just got my old mini up and running and was wondering if you had a spare set of mini wheels and tyres you would like to sell as mine are past it .
Blue 1990 1.6 Eunos roadster - ready to be sold if I can just bring myself to advertise it
Green 1994 uk 1.8is - in the process of being modified - build thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8637
Red 1995 1.8 Eunos roadster being slowly dismantled
Ruzz
Addicted to the 5

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:34 pm

Ruzz wrote:I've just got my old mini up and running and was wondering if you had a spare set of mini wheels and tyres you would like to sell as mine are past it .

No problem, what style? I've got a brand new set of Minilite style wheels and a choice of tyres... treaded or slicks?

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Ruzz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Vindi (Russell) wrote:
Ruzz wrote:I've just got my old mini up and running and was wondering if you had a spare set of mini wheels and tyres you would like to sell as mine are past it .

No problem, what style? I've got a brand new set of Minilite style wheels and a choice of tyres... treaded or slicks?

Russell.

Perfect , I have the set of wheels and a set of treaded tyres please . If you are going to the monthly or upcoming tech day I'll take them off your hands then . Just let me know how much you want for them . :thumb:
Blue 1990 1.6 Eunos roadster - ready to be sold if I can just bring myself to advertise it
Green 1994 uk 1.8is - in the process of being modified - build thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8637
Ruzz
Addicted to the 5

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:57 pm

Ruzz wrote:
Vindi (Russell) wrote:

Russell.

Perfect , I have the set of wheels and a set of treaded tyres please . If you are going to the monthly or upcoming tech day I'll take them off your hands then . Just let me know how much you want for them . :thumb:

I'll bring them to the next meet then, hopefully I'll get my car working by then as well so I can zoom round the car park!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Just started sorting through the box of spares i have and found a load of instruction manuals for the cars including one for the M06 Pro. Damn this stuff is complicated! Seems like i have lots of slick tyres and different weights of spring, etc etc...is it too much to ask for mine to just move forwards and backwards with maybe a bit of steering?

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Had some time to kill while sat in a car park so did some digging on ebay etc for parts for the M06... I was wondering how well supported it is, what you can get etc. Wish I hadn't looked as there is so much you can get its scary! Luckily when looking more closely at my car, almost every hop up part you can get for it is already on there!!

So in order to satisfy my need for speed, I'm going to sell off the FWD M03 and the RWD M03... that'll leave me with the M06Pro (for me) and the M04 (for the kids), both of which will eventually have MX5 bodies fitted :thumb:

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Also found an interesting build / review of an Mo6 Pro... not sure about the choice of body, but at least its different!

http://www.ultimatetamiya.com/cars/m06/m06-pro/

Just starting into the "build" of the M06, most of it is assembled but it needs quite a clean, and a general check over all the bolts won't do any harm! I also have a few hop up parts that haven't been fitted yet that I may as well chuck on... and then into the main event, trying to work out how you connect up all the wires!

For the moment I'm just connecting up one of the standard (ish) motor, one of them is about 15-18T and only has a few hours use so I'll use that. I need to test the Hobbywing motor at some point as its a brushless 8T one so could be fun if I can get it working!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Big step forward today, i actually got to drive my car! Ok its currently got a VW Beetle body and it goes faster in reverse than forwards, but it goes! I've ordered a new speed controller to match my better engine and found a cheap battery to use as a spare as well... so at least i feel like I'm making progress!

Found a decent local shop as well, CDS Models near bromsgrove which is a proper old fashioned model shop with model planes hanging from the ceiling and bits and pieces hanging from every spare mm of wall space. They mentioned a track nearby as well so I'll try to get some more details.

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Cerberus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:13 pm

Hey you fibber you drove it last night! :mrgreen:

Good progress it's going to be a brilliant car. :thumb:
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Cerberus wrote:Hey you fibber you drove it last night! :mrgreen:

Good progress it's going to be a brilliant car. :thumb:

Ha ha, true but not at speed exactly!! Its a lot of fun anyway and I can see me getting very carried away with this!! Fingers crossed I can get it to the meet on wednesday ... albeit in VW Beetle guise!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:48 pm

Well my cunning plan to razz around the car park last night didn't exactly go to plan, having removed the gears this lunchtime it looks like I've completely stripped the spur gear... so I'm off to CDS models after work to get a reinforced gear set!

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Cerberus » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:01 pm

I would not have put money on you being the first of us to strip a gear. :!: :shock: :!:

That said...... This morning I checked my car for scrapes incurred during it's flip at the meet and my gearbox appears to have locked solid overnight........... :oops:
Cerberus
Forum Admin

Postby Ruzz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:13 pm

So what we are saying is that even though mine is the oldest and slowest of the lot it's the only one running at the mo . :lol:
Ruzz
Addicted to the 5

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Cerberus wrote:I would not have put money on you being the first of us to strip a gear. :!: :shock: :!:

That said...... This morning I checked my car for scrapes incurred during it's flip at the meet and my gearbox appears to have locked solid overnight........... :oops:

Well mine is running a 9 turn brushless motor same as yours... only difference is I installed the motor, so I'm fairly certain it was my assembly error rather than anything else :oops: Was interesting seeing yours scoot round though, so if mine gets to be that fast... damn I need some more practise with the standard motor first!

Just ordered a reinforced gear set and a couple more pinion gears, should see mine back on the road and my M04 working as well :thumb:

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

Postby Vindi (Russell) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:39 pm

Just found this... useful resource for the M06 with loads of setup info, as well as all the body options, discussion on racing etc etc

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-ro ... hread.html

What RC forums have people used so far?

Russell.
Vindi (Russell)
Can't stop buying cars!

PreviousNext

Return to R\C and Scale Models